Skip to main content

Investing

So a friend of mine asked me about investing, and so this post is in response to that. Any of us that have been in the workforce for any length of time know about investing from the lens of a retirement account, but did you know there are more way to invest your money than just a retirement account.

In all honesty investing is the only way that you can make money and not do anything to earn it, but you can also loose a fortune as well. With that being said let's get to it. Ok so there are several options that you have when it comes to investing and investment accounts. I won't get into them but I will tell you what they are.

We hear a lot about retirement accounts a lot of times those are tax deferred which is good until you withdraw the money, and then obviously you pay the tax on it. Within this group there are IRA's, Roth IRA's, 401k's, and 403b's. Roth IRA'S and IRA's are purchased through places like Edward Jones. Most employers offer a 401k plan if they have a retirement program unless they are a non-profit organization then it's a 403b plan if they have one. These generally tend to be a safer option if you have a low risk tolerance.

Then you have individual investment accounts and​ business accounts. These are purchased through a brokerage firm or investment house and are self explanatory. With an indvidual investment account you put up the initial investment and then place the money into stocks, bonds, mutual funds, currencies, or  other investments. Some companies will automatically allocate your money and adjust it as needed. I won't cover business accounts because I don't have any experience with them, but just know that they are out there and available.

Last but not least you have currency trading. This is by far the fastest​ way to replace your income​, but if it isn't done right you can loose everything. This is also known as forex or just fx. This is the most volitile level of trading and also carries the highest risk.

There are some things to keep in mind. Investing isn't for everyone and shouldn't be gone into lightly. Most companies require at least $250 to start and depending on what type of trading you are going into you could be required to deposit more, in some cases over $100,000.
The beauty is that with the exception of the retirement accounts and minimum investments it's basically universal. Different markets will have different stocks and equities, but the process is the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little About Me.

     Ok, so after posting a few things about business, I figure you have an idea about what this is going to be about. What I haven't done is give you some insight into me as a person and my life.       So to get started, my name is Kevin. I am the husband to a wonderful wife, Andrea, and father to two wonderful kids, Caleb and Shelby. I am also a veteran of the U.S. Navy where I spent seven years of my life to my country. You can see my wife and son in the picture that is attached.        So what got me into business is I think my dad. He's in his fifties actually almost sixty now, and has wanted to start his own company, but unfortunately never got the chance to. He is a hard worker and takes pride in what he does.                My first foray into the world of business was right after the birth of my son. I started in the world of affiliate marketing. That was a with a program from an organization called Secret Entourage, they still have a program and you can go check t

Having a family while working to start or grow a business.

It's been a while since I've posted anything, and I've been wanting to do a post about my family so here we go. I know most of you already know, or have guessed that I am married, but not only that I have two kids. One of them is special needs and absolutely amazing. However the one person that means​ the world to me is my wife. Without her I wouldn't be the person I've grown to be.    We've had our share of bad times, what couple hasn't, but we've managed to make it through and grow stronger. She's been great when it has come to my business ventures. She's given me  encouragement when I've needed it and brought me back down to Earth as well, and for that I am very greatful. Ill often tell her that I don't know what I'd do without her and she doesn't realize how true that is. My wife is great and and amazing person, but my kids are a hoot. For instance my son and​ I were going through the drive through at Burger King to get my