Skip to main content

A Step by Step Guide on How to Create an Advert on Facebook

When you are setting up an ad on Facebook, there are so many things that you need to place in order. There is much to think about, before you could simply click a button and get on with it. There are so many questions like, what kind of people do you want to target? What image will attract people? Are you choosing the right kind of interests? Honestly, there is so much that you can easily get confused.

Facebook is the largest social media platform around the world, with more than 1.86 billion users who are monthly active on Facebook. Making it an ideal place to run your advertisement. To help ensure that you invest your time and money in the right way, we have created a process that will help you get through the complex time consuming steps when creating an advertisement.

1) Create an ad: You will be required to login to your personal Facebook account, and:
a) Click on the drop down menu on the top right hand side
b) Click on “Create Adverts”
c) You will be taken to the  “ads manager”
d) Click on the “Create Advert” (green) button beneath the top right corner.
                                     

2) Choose Objective: here you are required to choose an objective, there are three main categories you can pick from
i) Awareness
(1) Brand Awareness
(2) Reach
ii) Consideration
(1) Traffic
(2) Engagement
(3) App Installs
(4) Video Lead
(5) Lead Generation
iii) Conversion
(1) Conversion
(2) Product catalogue sales
(3) Store Visits


Here you are required to choose the objective you feel your advertisement fits best under, once you have chosen your objective click on “Continue” in the bottom middle section of the page.

3) Advert Set - there are three main categories that need your requirements on this page. Here you need to choose:
i) Audience - what audience you are targeting. This will depend on your personal choice, as to what kind of audience you are looking for.
ii) Placement - where you want your advertisement to be placed. The automatic placement is recommended, but you can choose custom settings if you wish.
iii) Budget and schedule - how much you are willing to spend per day, and how long do you wish to run your advert. The lowest you can go per day is $1.

The chart labeled as Audience size on the right side will show you the potential reach of your advertisement, it will help you get an idea on how many people you will reach in a single day.

4) Advert - the final step before your advert goes live is the advert page. Here you will be required to choose the :
i) Format - you can create a Carousel, place a single image, a single video, create a slideshow, and even add a canvas. This will depend on the type of advert you wish to run, and how you are planning on attracting people to your post.
ii) Pages and Links - Here you will be required to select the page you wish to run the advertisement on, or place the link of the website you wish to promote.


Once you have filled in all that is required, all you have to do is click the green button on the bottom right that says “Place Order” and your advertisement will go in review. This process can take from 5 minutes to an hour, and you will get a notification once your advertisement has been approved and is online.


(Note: Pictures will be coming to show you exactly what is being explained.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little About Me.

     Ok, so after posting a few things about business, I figure you have an idea about what this is going to be about. What I haven't done is give you some insight into me as a person and my life.       So to get started, my name is Kevin. I am the husband to a wonderful wife, Andrea, and father to two wonderful kids, Caleb and Shelby. I am also a veteran of the U.S. Navy where I spent seven years of my life to my country. You can see my wife and son in the picture that is attached.        So what got me into business is I think my dad. He's in his fifties actually almost sixty now, and has wanted to start his own company, but unfortunately never got the chance to. He is a hard worker and takes pride in what he does.                My first foray into the world of business was right after the birth of my son. I started in the world of affiliate marketing. That was a with a program from an organization called Secret Entourage, they still have a program and you can go check t

Having a family while working to start or grow a business.

It's been a while since I've posted anything, and I've been wanting to do a post about my family so here we go. I know most of you already know, or have guessed that I am married, but not only that I have two kids. One of them is special needs and absolutely amazing. However the one person that means​ the world to me is my wife. Without her I wouldn't be the person I've grown to be.    We've had our share of bad times, what couple hasn't, but we've managed to make it through and grow stronger. She's been great when it has come to my business ventures. She's given me  encouragement when I've needed it and brought me back down to Earth as well, and for that I am very greatful. Ill often tell her that I don't know what I'd do without her and she doesn't realize how true that is. My wife is great and and amazing person, but my kids are a hoot. For instance my son and​ I were going through the drive through at Burger King to get my

Investing

So a friend of mine asked me about investing, and so this post is in response to that. Any of us that have been in the workforce for any length of time know about investing from the lens of a retirement account, but did you know there are more way to invest your money than just a retirement account. In all honesty investing is the only way that you can make money and not do anything to earn it, but you can also loose a fortune as well. With that being said let's get to it. Ok so there are several options that you have when it comes to investing and investment accounts. I won't get into them but I will tell you what they are. We hear a lot about retirement accounts a lot of times those are tax deferred which is good until you withdraw the money, and then obviously you pay the tax on it. Within this group there are IRA's, Roth IRA's, 401k's, and 403b's. Roth IRA'S and IRA's are purchased through places like Edward Jones. Most employers offer a 401k plan